Recorded TV HD v1.9.5 - 12/12/2013
- Added option to increase the text size for easier readability.
- Added some solid backgrounds for the metro theme.
- Moved play button on media center like theme to avoid accidental deletion.
- Added more options to the commercial break viewer (under Menu Strip, Recycle Bin & Other options)
(for those with stability problems related to the commercial break viewer: adjust the option to show the commercial break viewer only when first play video or never and use a button on the remote to manually show it when you want to)
- Added option to change resume/watched location so you can share with multiple pcs (in external settings program).
- Added option to use an external video player (in external settings program).
- Fixed some problems with watched check-marks not showing up when they were supposed to.
- Fixed other bugs.
Recorded TV HD v1.9.0 - 9/2/2013
- Metro Theme Option
- Performance Increases
- TheMovieDB API upgrade (Mandatory! Must upgrade by 9/15/2013 or movie detection will no longer work)
- Genre auto-generation of artwork.
- Changed the search option to the "add recording" option.
- Fixed other bugs.
Recorded TV HD v1.8.0 - 5/29/2013
- Imporved speed and efficiency when working with scheduled recordings
- Added option to cancel series and cancel recording from within the interface.
- Commercial Break Viewer improvements to speed and stability
- Fixed error: "could not convert from current position to timespan..."
- Better file identification.
- Added Recording Storage Pooling (Under "Media Library" in settings in UI)
- Added thumbnail generator so all episodes should now have thumbnails
- Added warning message when selecting an episode if the file is unreachable (network location)
- Added additional delete/recycle options for multiple deletions under the episode screen.
- Adjusted Recorded TV HD Service for memory consumption and reliability.
- Added easier way to register the program for purchasers.
- SageTV file naming - works on most native recording files.
- Added option to adjust Height of Info at bottom of screen (list view and episode list views)
- Added indexing to database to increase performance in Media Center
- Added conflicted scheduled recordings to the list so you can see what isn't going to record. Simply cancel one of the other shows set to record during the same time slot to force the conflicted recording to record.
- Fixed problem where specials were not properly identified for other file types.
- Added option for scheduled button on the menu strip.
- Fixed random crashing problem.
- Added option to show full screen video in the place of the backdrop when video is playing (is not stable for some)
- Added a clock in the corner of some menu screens
- Added option for subdued backdrop on only poster views.
- Now reads metadata from movie.xml and .properties files.
- Added options in the UI for automatic check for stable and beta releases.
- Added Series/Episode protection from accidental deletion.
- Added a threshold setting for the watched status. If you haven't met the threshold it won't show watched indicator and will still show up in unwatched lists.
- Added play all unwatched option in play menu
- Added option to start Recorded TV HD automatically when Media Center startrs up (after the background addin loads)
- Added original air date on the episode details screen in poster and list view.
- "play all..." options now work on extenders.
- Fixed identifcation problem when manually identfying episodes.
- Added other small featuers.
- Fixed other bugs.
Recorded TV HD v1.7.3 - 6/2/2012
- Fixed Memory Leak
- Improved Season and Episode number identification for recorded content.
- Fixed service from crashing right after starting when TV recording has not been configured on the machine.
Recorded TV HD v1.7.0 - 5/8/2012
- Pretty much all settings are now in the Media Center UI. (Wrench icon in the corner of the screen)
- Added an option to use a "Recycle Bin" instead of just permanently deleting recordings. - Improved from last beta.
- Added ability to add VIDEO_TS DVD directories into Recorded TV HD
- Added new header options of unwatched tv and unwatched movies
- Added options for date banner/tags when viewing list ordered by date, or just on scheduled recordings.
- Added sort by season and episode number to the list of sorting options to the series episode list.
- No longer show the commercial break viewer while in fast forward 1 (ff1) playback.
- Commercial Skip Forward and Back buttons (configured in DVRMSToolbox settings) now work while commercial break viewer is visible if you use Left+Right or 1+3 to skip commercials manually.
- Improved file name detection for custom file types.
- Improved Season and Episode Number identification for recorded episodes.
- Now attempts to download artwork for future recordings even if you haven't recorded any episodes for the series before.
- Detection of movies of any file type. Name the file either "Movie Name (2010).mkv" or "Movie Name.mkv"
- Play button while highlighting series allows you to:
- Play oldest unwatched episode
- Play a random episode
- Play all episodes in random order (watched/resume data and commercial skipping will not work)
- Play all episodes in order (watched/resume data and commercial skipping will not work)
- Option to hide the episode count badge when the episode count is 1.
- Option for each favorite list to hide series if all episodes have been watched. (Change in settings program for each favorites list you would like)
- Press the clear button on your remote while "resume" is highlighed and you will be asked if you would like to remove the watched/resume information for that episode.
- Hopefully fixed problem where, for a few unlucky people, sometimes new recordings do not show up unless the service is restarted.
- Changed so that if you press the movies button under the Recorded TV HD strip on main Media Center screen you will now go back to the main Media Center screen when pressing the back button instead of going back to Recorded TV HD.
- Tab in settings program for files that are not identified properly. (You can identify them in the settings in the Media Center UI.)
- Fix for times when focus is not properly assigned (and remote doesn't work) when returning to Recorded TV HD from another location in Media Center.
Added additional supported naming conventions for other file types (pretty much any combination of the below in addition to the original formats supported:
Directory names can be used instead of having the series name on the file itself... examples:
- Series Name\Season 1\S01E01 - Episode Name.mp4
- Series Name\S01E01.mp4
Can now also use 1x1, 01x01, 1x01, 01x1 in addition to S1E1 combinations to indicate which season and episode number it is. Examples:
- Series Name\Season 1\1x01.mp4
- Series Name - 01x01 - Episode Name.mp4
- Series Name.1x1.mp4
- Series Name\Season 1\01- Episode Name.mp4 (iTunes naming convention)
Beyond TV Naming Conventions:
- Series Name-(Episode Name)-2012-04-03-0.wtv (or any extension)
- Series Name-2s012-04-03-0.wtv (Only where the recording date is the original air date of the episode. Also can be any extension)
- Fixed problem with [HD] in filename of Amazon VOD naming conventions not properly being identified.
- Added option under Series Override to combine series that have different names. Example: "CSI: NY" and "CSI New York"
- Added support for manually created WTV & DVR-MS files. If there is not enough metadata in the file itself it will check if the file is named with the proper file name conventions. If it is the correct metadata will be pulled.
- If a movie is recorded and for some reason doesn't have the proper "movie" designation you can set the genre as "Movie" and it will properly hide it from the standard view if you have the "Hide recorded movies from standard view" checkbox checked.
- When on the single episode screen the play button on the remote will now play/resume that episode in addition to the remote's select buton.
- Added more transparency to the menu strip icons that are not in focus to better match the rest of Media Center
- If Recorded TV HD is open and a user uses the green button and then tries to launch one of the Recorded TV HD buttons it will now work properly instead of just returning the user to the last location.
- Pressing the right arrow while a preview video is highlighed will move the header option to the right when viewing a list.
- Option to "Allow deletions from inside the interface" (Default is to allow)
- Bug fixes
- Other changes that I forgot to make a note of :)
Recorded TV HD v1.6.0 - 12/22/2011
Added 'media center like' theme/view.
Added integration with My Channel Logos. All channel logos are displayed if My Channel Logos is installed when using version 2 of MCL. If you are using V1 of MCL you will not get affiliate logos (abc, cbs, nbc, etc.)
Added ability to add your own posters for genres when using poster view.
Made some UI changes including different animations when certain things are focused upon.
Added 'search' menu strip item option (an automated workaround)
Added season and episode information to the interface for each episode.
Added ability to set a new scheduled recording to favorites lists before it records. Just select the scheduled recording in the UI. You can also do it from within the settings program.
Added sort/group by channel header option. Also includes channel logos in poster view if My Channel Logos is installed.
Added a scheduled recording cache so if you exceed the Media Center limit you can still see scheduled recordings from the cache.
Added a favorite icon in the scheduled recordings list to show which scheduled recordings are in a favorites list.
Added option to turn off poster recording count badges.
Improved navigation if using a mouse.
Fixed a couple of reported bugs... Left and right arrow keys were not working on episode page when using list view. Checkbox for 'hide recorded movies from standard view' was not saving properly.
Fixed missing episode information on bottom of screen when the group by series option is unchecked for date recorded and you are sorting by genre and or a couple of others.
Made Commercial Break Viewer a little bit faster and hopefully less prone to the "stuck on blue media center screen" issue.
Made some other slight UI changes.
Fixed problem if the series does not show up in the Series Override tab even if the episodes are listed in the Episodes Override tab in the settings program.
Fixed sorting problem when adding some other file types.
Reduced setup file size by optimizing some images.
Some changes in the settings program where made.
In poster and 'media center like' theme/view you can use ff/rw or skip forward and back to change the header option in that direction.
Changed service so that if a network location is no longer available it will not remove episodes from the database. If you try to play a file located on a disconnected network location you will simply get a Media Center file not found error.
Made changing between header options more smooth with better user interaction.
Other bugs and smaller changes.
Recorded TV HD v1.5.2 - 10/25/2011
- Poster view options - View 1 or 2 rows of posters instead of the series list.
- Added white color scheme.
Added repeating header options in the Media Center interface.
- Added "group by season" option when you have episodes in more than one season (turned on by default), also downloads season posters when using poster view.
- Added episode metadata override options in settings program.
- Added preview screenshots of different appearance options in settings program.
- Fixed sorting problem on the episodes list screen.
- Fixed issues with some other file type episodes not loading correctly due to corrupted XML metadata files.
- Fixed issue with view scheduled error message popping up over and over. It will now only popup once if there is an error.
- Fixed other bugs.
Recorded TV HD v1.4.30 - 10/2/2011
- Support for other file types if named correctly. (See naming conventions here)
- Backup/Restore feature. Also allows you to restore onto a different machine if needed.
- Show parental ratings inside the interface.
- Option to ungroup episodes on the date recorded header choice. (Gives an episode list like the native recorded tv interface.)
- Pressing the "play" button will play/resume the episode from the list instead of having to go to the episode screen first.
- Pressing the "clear" button will allow you to delete the selected episode(s).
- Added an option to have "movies" as a header choice.
- Added an option to have "recently watched" as a header choice. (Allows easier resuming so you don't have to go looking for something you have recently watched.)
- Fixed non-favorites list to hide movies if the user has the "hide recorded movies" option selected in the settings program.
- Enhanced the delete warnings. Tells you which favorites list(s) the series is set to.
- Fixed CPU and memory over usage by the background addin.
Recorded TV HD v1.4.22 - 8/15/2011
- Optional remote control integration. Allows you to remap the recorded tv button to launch Recorded TV HD.
- Choose which header choices you want to appear on the top.
- Option to add non-favorites list to the header choices.
- Choose how many days of sheduled recordings to show. This will help if you schedule a lot of recordings and are getting the error about exceeding the limit.
- Option to show the file path on the episode page.
Recorded TV HD v1.4.20 - 8/7/2011
- Fixes for Commercial Break Viewer including problem with x64 systems.
- Other bug fixes.
Recorded TV HD v1.4.18 - 8/2/2011
- Commercial Break Viewer.
(Requires commercial scanning software such as ShowAnalyzer and DVRMSToolbox)
- Options in settings to change menu strip.
- Changed scheduled recordings view/access.
- Added option for left column width.
- Fixed rare problem with missing episodes and duplicate series entries.
- Fixed problem with some missing thumbnails.
- Easier Readability
- Option for high-contrast mode for even easier readability.
- Added option to shrink screen to fit tv for extenders (if experiencing problem).
- Added jump in list using remote triple-tap. Allows you to enter letters using your remote to jump further down or up the list.
- Added enhanced sorting options (Click on category header to change sort).
- Changed default to resume instead of play.
- Added option in the settings program to hide movies from general list (you still can add movies to a favorites list).
- Added option to stop a recording in progress.
- Fixed other bugs and annoyances.
- Added support for automatic download of Movie fanart.
- Added entry point for recorded movies.
- Fixed bug with non-English versions of Windows 7.
- Fixed other bugs.
- Updated UI (moved the view scheduled button, added some fading effects, and made now playing video section bigger)
- Can now change categories by pressing the right and left keys while scrolling through the list. This is so you don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the list to change categories.
- Fixed bug that would end your trial 10 days too early :)
- Added instant update to artwork when changing TheTVDB.com ID in the settings program under series override.
- Fixed other bugs.
- Added option for black or blue color scheme
- Added option to show or not show the watched indicator
- Fixed bugs with missing or corrupted backdrops
© 2013 MJT Software & Services Inc.